200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh | Vedansha
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh | Vedansha
Yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh, India, from 1 to 27 October
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in Rishikesh with Vedansha Institute of Yoga & Vedic Science is all about experiment different dimensions of Yoga to enhance and discover your hidden qualities and make you become the best yoga teacher. 200-hour yoga teacher training prepare and present you as a professional yoga teacher. By doing your training with Vedansha Institute of Yoga & Vedic Science you will be a specialist not only in Yoga, but in whole Vedic science. As a yoga teacher training school with extensive experience, we know all the aspects and qualities of a professional yoga teacher like committed attitude, correct knowledge about the subject, goodwill for students, safety & insurance of yoga teacher etc.
Who we are?
Vedansha Institute of Vedic science and alternative medicine founded by Dr.S.Pandey Ji . We cover education in whole vedic science (yoga & meditation, ayurveda, vedic astrology & vastu). teacher training programs help people to make yoga their profession or integrate it in daily life. Our special retreat programs help people to control their emotions, remove fears, to improve their life, find harmony and happiness. Therapy courses will help to support common and non-curative diseases.
What is our aim?
To prepare yoga teacher or yoga practitioner who will understand yoga as a vedic subject and will be capable to teach others and share knowledge in asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, yoga philosophy, ayurveda, yoga anatomy, asana alignment.
Benefits of 200 hour Yoga Teacher training in Rishikesh India
Yoga poses stretch your muscles and increase your range of motion. And even though yoga is not aerobic, some research finds it can be just as good as aerobic exercise for improving health.
- new ability in your career – make yoga your profession and teach worldwide
- learn deep the correct practice of asana, pranayama, meditation and follow a healthy lifestyle
- balance your body & mind
- increase your energy level and open your hidden inner power by awaking of kundalini
- protect yourself from negativity by using secret techniques of healing and purification
- control your breath, control your mind (energy that generated in your body can be used to be steady and calm in emergency situations of your life, you will be more resistant to stress and overworking)
- develop body flexibility & steadiness
- cure yourself, your friends & relatives with ancient yoga techniques of breath exercises, meditation and asana
- improve your immune system and be resistant to diseases by adding yoga practice in your daily routine
- you will be not only yoga teacher but life style instructor and can guide people in healthy lifestyle
- learn vegetarian way of life and reach new level of wellness with healthy nutrition
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course is suitable for
- Beginners & intermediate students.
- For yoga practitioners who would like to get certificate of yoga Alliance USA
What you learn in 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
- Asanas according Hatha and Ashtanga Style
- Elements of Iyengar Style
- Pranayama, Meditation
- Yoga Philosophy Mantra
- Yoga Anatomy
- Yogic Nutrition
- Elements of Ayurveda
- Asana Alignment and adjustment*
- Yogic cleansing (Shatkarma)
- Teaching Methodology*
- Get important information about your energy body with aura check up
* depends on week Dates in 2018.
- Your interest to learn Vedic science
- Successful pre-payment.
- In their own interest individuals with disabilities or ailments are advised to refrain from applying.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could apply after consultation with us.
- Pregnant women need a medical authorization permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English.
- Any candidate found unfit after the commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible.
Time Table of 200 hour yoga teacher training
- 06:00 – 06:30 Wake up and cleansing.
- 06:30 – 07:00 Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation & fire ceremony purification).
- 07:00 – 08:30 Asanas practical class Hatha/Ashtanga style (depending on the week schedule): learning the asana postures under the guiding of experienced Yoga teacher.
- 08:30 – 09:30 Pranayama: breathing exercises
- 09:30 – 10:30 Breakfast: special yogic menu.
- 10:30 – 11:30 Yoga philosophy/ayurveda/teaching methology.
- 11:30 – 12:30 Mantra chanting (2 weeks)/Asana Practicum & Methodology
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch.
- 14:00 – 15:00 Free time.
- 15:00 – 16:00 Yoga anathomy 2 weeks/asana alignment 2 weeks.
- 16:00 – 17:30 Ashtanga Vinyasa/Hatha Yoga (theory & practice): number of physical postures according to study program.
- 17:30 – 18:30 Yoga Nidra/ guided Meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation and concentration.
- 18:30 – 19:30 Dinner.
- 19:30 – 20:30 Special event.
- 20:00 – 22:00 Free time.
- 22:00 – 06:00 Sleep.
Note:- Time table can be changed during the teaching process. Shatkrama (yogic cleansing depends on the weather and will be given as 2 classes instead of pranayama)
Yoga Course Teaching Plan
- Yoga-Philosophical Aspects:
- Human Life: Meaning & Aim of Life.
- Yoga – Introduction / it‘s origin & development.
- Introduction of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutras.
- Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga – Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations) Asana (physical posture), Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Concept of three bodies and it’s role in yoga practice
- Introduction in Karma, Raja Yoga. Meaning, Types, role in yoga
- Kosha and it’s role in Meditation & Pranayama
- Concept of 5 Koshas
- 3 Nadis, Ida, Pingala, Sushumna. Their role in practice
- Chakras, general concept & role in daily life
- Panch-Klesha (Five Causes Of Pain & Miseries) / causes of succsess and failure in Yoga
- Earth, Water, Fire element affirmation in sutras
- Samkhya Darshan, Vedanta Darshan
- Nadis & chakras, general concep
- What is Kundalini energy, ways of activation
- Kundalini & Chakra
- Concept of Gunas
- Prakriti & Purusha
- Discipline of Yoga student
- Obstacles in the path of yoga
Asana in Ashtanga practice:
- Surya Namaskara Part A and B
- Utitha Trikonasana
- Parivrita Trikonasana
- Trikonasana Variation 1, 2
- Parivritta parshvakonasana
- Uthitha parshvakonasana
- Parasarita padouttanasana A,B,C,D
- Utitha hasta padangustasana A,B,C,D
- Ardha baddha padmotanasana
- Urdhva namaskar asana
- Uttanasana A,B
- chaturanga dandasana
- Urdhva mukha svanasana
- Andho Mukha svanasana
- Veerbhadra asana I, II
- Paschimottasana A, B,C,D
- Ardha baddha padma paschimottasana
- Triag mukhaiada paschimottasana
- Janusirsasana A,B,C,D
- Marichyasana A,B,C,D
- Bhuja pidanasana
- Bhuja pidanasana
- Supta Kurmasana
- Garbha pindasana
- Badha konasana A,B,C
- Upavistha konasana A,B
- Suptapadangustasana A,B,C
Hatha Yoga postures
- Surya namaskara
- Backward bending postures
Spinal Twisting Pose:
Standing balancing pose:
Utitha hast pada angusthasana
Forward bending postures:
Pranayama & Mudras:
- Introduction to Pranayama.
- Basic Pranayama Techniques & Benefits (Abdominal breathing, Preparational breathing, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodana with/without retention, Ujjayi breathing, Bramari, Bhastrika, Shitali, Shitkari, Surya Bheda & Chandra Bheda, Ujja).
- The pranic body.
- Parana and lifestyle.
- Breathe, health and pranayama.
- Breathing and life span.
- Sitting Positions for Pranayama
- Kriyas (Body Cleansing Methods): (Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka, Shanka Prakshalana)
- What is mudra and bandha
- What is Ashwini Mudra, its role in energy body
- Dyana, Ajali, Prithvi, Varuna, Shakti, Gyana, Chin, Shambhavi, Khechari Mudra, Hansi mudra, Vayu mudra, akash Mudra, Shunya Mudra, Surya mudra, Jalodarnashak mudra, Apan mudra, Pran Mudra, shankh mudra, Apan Vayu Mudra, Ling Mudra, Dhyan Mudra, Lotus Mudra, )
- Moola, Uddyana Bandha, Jalandra
- .Shatkarma (concept, aim, safety, performance)
- Obstacles in Pranayama practice
- Standard Meditation Practice (Om Meditation, Trataka, Yoga Nidra, Sound meditation, Mantra meditation, Nadis Meditation, 5 elements meditation, Breath meditation, Hamso meditation, Ajapa/japa, Ida/Pingala spinal rotation, Hridayakasha Dharana, Panchaprana Dharana, Pranava Dhyana)
- Visualisation & concentration
- Obstacles in meditation
- Concept of meditation Step by step
- Postures for meditation practice
- How to integrate meditation in yoga class?
- How to choose object for meditation?
- Standard Mantras (Guru, Ganesh Mantra, Shakti Mantra, Gayatri Mantra, Shanti Mantra, Shiva Mantra, 5 elements mantra, So Ham, AUM, Lakshmi Mantra, Vishnu Mantra, Mantra for health, business, children)
Anatomy and physiology
- Detailed explanation of muscular, skeletal system, nervous, gastrointestinal, respiratory system & their function
- Biomechanics of Asana
- Joints and range of motions
- Theory of gravity and muscles function
- Connection of movement & breath
- Body Axis & movement
- How to maximize the movement
- Injuries in Yoga class
- Assessment of mobility
- Using of number of yogic/ayurvedic methods in supporting and treatment of some diseases
- What is ayurveda
- Concept of 3 Dosha
- How to identify the dosha
- 6 tastes and their function for balance of body and mind
- Concept of teaching methodology & how to create your own yoga class, how to reach others, obstacles in teaching
- How to observe & Assess others
- How to create the asana sequence
- Obstacles in teaching
Asana Alignment & Adjustment*
- Correct perfomance of asana, assistence & adjustment
- Structural Alignment of forward bending, back bending, twists, inventions, meditative asanas
- How to align posture according to mobility of the client
- How to use props, strips, blankets in adjustment
- How to teach clients with physical limitations
*depends on week schedule
Location of yoga teacher training course
Our school is located in Rishikesh, a city in the foothills of Himalayas which is considered to be one of the seven holy cities of India. Every year, thousands of pilgrims from all over India arrive in Rishikesh to visit holy cites and temples, participate in Ganga aarti or bathe in holy waters of Ganga. This place is also very popular among foreign students of yoga who come to Rishikesh to learn ancient wisdom of Indian spiritual ascetics (rishis), learn and practice hatha yoga, participate in retreats or teaching training courses and receive international certification as yoga teacher.
Our school is located in Tapovan, one of the most quiet and peaceful locations of Rishikesh, surrounded by jungles, rice paddies and peasant houses.
If you want to find out more about Rishikesh, how to get there, how to find your way around the town, what to eat and drink, how to prepare for your trip medically (vaccinations, typical meds, etc.), check TopYogis Yoga Guide to Rishikesh.