10 Day Christmas & New Year Yoga Retreat Rishikesh, India
10 Day Christmas & New Year Yoga Retreat Rishikesh, India
Join us for a 10-day authentic yoga and meditation Christmas and New Year retreat in Rishikesh, India!
Immerse in yoga asana, pranayama, meditation, kriya and yoga philosophy.
Increase your vital energy and prolong your life.
This retreat is an absolutely wonderful combination of yoga and relaxation in the magical Himalayas.
Yoga Philosophical Aspects
- Human Life: Meaning & Aim of Life
- Yoga - Introduction / its origin & development
- Introduction of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutra
- Panch-Klesha (Five Causes Of Pain & Miseries) / causes of success and failure in Yoga
- Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations), Asana (physical posture), Pranayama (breathing techniques), Pratyahara (withdrawal of the mind from the senses), Dharna (concentration), Dhayan (meditation), Samadhi (self-realization)
- 9 Disturbances of Mind, cause of pain, possibilities of control the mind -Yoga and purification techniques
- Concept of 3 Dosha (vata, pitta, kapha), how to balance dosha and reduce the weight
- Concept of yogic, ayurvedic and vegetarian nutrition
- Explanation of taste, how to correct your nutrition plan according to season and daily regime
- Digestive fire and their role in correct nutrition
- Purvakarma and their role in detox therapy *Weight reduction and Panchakarma (how, for whom, when?) -Yoga Physiological Aspects:
- Digestive system, their physiology, and problems
- Weight reduction programs from the medical point of view
Asana (advanced level)
- Natural Relaxation Asana
- Natural standing Asana with External Rotations
- Forward bending Asana
- Backward Extensions
- Spinal Twisting Asana
- Inverted Asana
- Balancing Asana
- Meditation Asana
- Thunder-Bolt (vajrasana) Group Asana
- Lotus (Padmasana) Group Asana
Pranayama & Mudras
- Pranayama and their detox effect on weight reduce
- Special Pranayama Techniques to reduce weight
- Mudras and bandas
- Prana in daily life, how to reach new level and hold the weight
- Guided meditative pranayama for reduce weight
- Mantra and pranayama advanced level in reduction of weight
- Kriyas (Body Cleansing Methods) -Meditation
- Standard Meditation Practice, meditative practice for weight reduction and purification of the body -Mantra
- Advanced Mantras, Hindu Gods, mantras related with them, mantra for pooja
Using of number of yogic/ayurvedic methods in supporting and treatment of weight problems, detailed knowledge about ayurvedic herbs and their supplying techniques, panchakarma therapy, basic skills for purification and weight control
Role of Astrology in our life problems, how to recognize and correct weight problems with knowledge of Astrology
- Once pro week – mantra concert performed by students of TTC with the help of teachers and Stuff,
- Once per two week - movie Yoga/ Meditation/Ayurveda & other vedic sciences
- Once per two week - silent walk meditation
- Once per two week - cooking hands-on workshop (Ayurvedic/Yogic/Indian/International)
- Once per month - magic night & candle meditation
Sample daily schedule
- 05:00 - 06:00 Wake up & shower
- 06:00 - 07:00 Shatkriya: yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation for meditation & fire ceremony purification)
- 07:00 - 08:00 Asanas Hatha style: learning the postures related with meditative practice
- 08:00 - 08:15 Pause and herbal tea: detox hot beverage with special Himalayan herbs
- 08:30 - 09:30 Pranayama & relaxation: breathing exercises with meditative practice according to study program
- 09:30 - 10:30 Breakfast: special yogic menu according to needs of body during physical and mental practice
- 10:30 - 11:30 Workshop (developing of concentration, deep meditative state, applied meditation)
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch: special developed according to season and nourishing need of the body
- 13:00 - 15:00 Free time
- 15:00 - 16:00 Ayurveda massage/free time: relax in ayurveda SPA or take a rest
- 16:00 - 17:00 Asana Hatha Style: physical postures according to the program
- 17:00 - 18:00 Guided meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation, and concentration
- 19:00 Dinner: specially developed according to season and nourishment of the body
- 20:00 Special event/Free time
- 22:00 Sleep
The aim of this meditation practice is to encourage a deep state of concentration, that can be reached by everyone at a different pace, from 7 days even up to several years. It depends on the student's possibility of concentration, brain activity, the dominance of the nervous system, desire to reach the goal and fear of obstacles. If you have any troubles related to the things mentioned, please let us know and we will help you go forward and overcome the troubles. Every student is different and sometimes it requires more time and effort, we are ready to offer our help anytime.
- Successful pre-payment
- In their own interest, individuals with disabilities or ailments are advised to refrain from applying.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could apply after the e-mail/phone/Skype/Facebook consultation.
- Pregnant women need a medical authorization permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English.
- Any candidate found unfit after the commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible.
This retreat program is held at Vedansha Institute of Vedic Sciences; in an educational environment, with ongoing teaching programs. Participants are reminded to be respectful of the learning process of other students. Students are reminded to remain aware and respectful of cultural differences among the participants and teachers. Violation of the institute's policies may result in dismissal from the program without any refund of the fees.